free web templates

Volunteer Counsellors

Thank you for your interest in Kinergy. If you're interested in working as a volunteer counsellor with us, please continue reading for more information.

To volunteer as a counsellor at Kinergy you will need to be a qualified counsellor - or be undertaking in training for a BACP / UKCP acredited diploma or MSc in counselling (or an equivalent).

You should have a minimum of one year's personal therapy experience - or be willing to return to therapy/counselling if requested by your supervisor.

You should have a minimum of one year's experience working with clients face-to-face in a field such as mental health, domestic violence, subtance abuse etc. We do make exceptions where an individual feels they have experience and understanding of the impact on working with clients who have experienced childhood sexual abuse or sexual violence. You should also have an understanding of some of the issues related to rape and how this impacts an individual.

You must be able to commit to the position for a minimum of one year post-induction, and should be available to see 4 clients per week. You will also need to have a one hour's monthly supervision. You will receive monthly group supervision of 1.5 hours.

On an occassional basis you may be asked to attend training sessions and workshops - details of these will be provided in advance.

You should also be able to make a commitment to Equal Opportunities.

If you are interested in applying, please download the Application Form, along with the Equal Opportunities Form and return these to: with a copy of your CV.


Mary Carpenter House
Kingswood Foundation Estate
Britannia Road
BS15 8DB

Charity Details

Registered Charity Number 1099140
Registered Number 431957