Who are we looking for?
We're looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to help us raise money, and build awareness of Kinergy's presence within the city.
Activities will include:
- Encouraging local organisations and companies to fundraise on behalf of Kinergy.
- Research into charitable trusts and foundations.
- Take part in street collections (in accordance with local authority requirements).
- Take part in collections at local events such as Bristol Harbour Festival, St. Paul's Carnival, Bristol Pride etc.
- Ensure collection tins are regularly collected and exchanged.
- Occassionally deliver leaflets and promotional materials.
- Apply to the local authority for fundraising permits.
- Approaching stakeholders and external parties regarding event donations (such as raffle prizes) and event promotion.
- Liaising with other fundraisers and staff to develop a strategy plan.
- Assisting with the preparation for fundraising and seasonal events.
- We're asking for a commitment of between 4 - 6 hours a week, and at events as necessary (advanced notice will be given).
- Excellent customer service skills, and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An interest in the charity sector and fundraising.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
- Understanding of the needs of vulnerable clients.
- Ability to complete induction training (other training may be offered where appropriate).
- Ability to use office software such as Outlook and Word.